Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Home Organization 101


WEEK 4: THE OFFICE

I have joined Toni's 14 week challenge to a perfectly organized home over at A bowl full of lemons! If you haven't checked out her blog, please do. It is full of great ideas for home organization all the way to budgeting your finances.  

Our home is very small, so we became creative and created a small space for the office in the family room. This is where we watch television and lounge most of the time. My desk gets cluttered constantly so I am always trying to find new ways to keep things organized. I have found that the best thing to do is to find a home for everything. That includes coupons, magazines, the stapler, safety pins, coins, scissors, pens, pencils, batteries,  etc. If it doesn't have a home than it gets trashed! Throwing clutter in the trash is my favorite thing to do!

I get sucked into tossing miscellaneous things into a small bowl. After a few months, it accumulates into a big mess. Avoid the clutter and junk by having a home for everything, from receipts all the way to a screw you found in the junk drawer, find a home for it! 

This is how I am simplifying my life:
 O R G A N I Z A T I O N 

Remember, everything should have a place, especially in a small home.  
Trust me, you'll sleep better at night. ;)

The Office





This is from pottery barn that stores my sharpies, pens, scissors. This also is my incoming and outgoing mail station.


Printer Station


My Binders

This is where I keep my binders.
 Binders include Household Bills, Blog 
& Daydreamer Photography.








So that's it! Hope that this can be inspiring for those who have small spaces and still want an office space. 

Check out the rest of my Home Organization 101 challenges {here}.


Check out my October Give Away {here}.

1 comment:

  1. It's absolutely perfect! I have a desk in the living room too. From which I organize meals, files, homeschool, and crafts. I don't have any space to keep alot of things. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what's on your mind!
Leave a Comment!

 

Naturally You | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012