Monday, August 27, 2012

The 5 Love Languages of Children


Books for the Soul Review


This book is really good! I recommend every parent to read it. They should pass them out when parents leave the hospital with their babies. It has been very helpful in distinguishing how to read my daughters signs of behavior and why she does what she does. We want our kids to feel loved even when we have to discipline our children. Telling our children that we love them is good but still not enough.

 Growing up my father always used the spanking method, which didn't make me feel loved. It actually just taught me to hit or use aggression when something is not going my way. I was not behaving like my father would have like, so he had a parent temper-tantrum, and spanked. In childrens eyes, spankings are really just hitting out of anger or frustration. 

Back to the book! So the 5 love Languages are Gifts, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Physical Touch and Acts of Service. The book goes into great detail about each one. It also discusses how to find your childs primary love language. Your children need all 5 to feel loved, but one of them speaks the loudest to your child, showing them that you really, really love them! 

My daughter Harper's is by far Quality Time! She always asks me to spend time with her. "Mommy, will you play with me? Will you go outside with me? Want to watch my show with me, Mommy?" And the list goes on. I find it easier to start the day by spending quality time with her in the morning, before I start my daily routine of chores, phone calls, photography and blogging. We need to fill their love tanks up first and than they can listen better when you ask them to do something or to behave. It really works! 
If you want to discover your child's primary love language, I definitely recommend this book!


You can purchase this book on Amazon for $10.19 {here}.
 

Naturally You | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012